Sunday, January 24, 2010

Baby Shower Gift = Newborn Diaper Stash

So I have an awesome friend who will soon be joining the ranks of motherhood. So for part of her baby shower present, I gifted her the "love of squishiness," i.e. I made a newborn stash of diapers for her.



Her stash now includes:
~ 16 Green Mountain Diapers (GMD) Green Edged prefolds. These were all hand dyed by moi using Dylon Dyes in the colors: Ocean Blue, Bahama Blue, Sunflower, Tropical Green, and a "Blue jean" colorway that I mixed the dyes for.
~ 9 fitted diapers (sewn using the Darling Diapers newborn pattern. I made two in a Georgia Tech print with black crushed Panne inner, 2 in a Little Sailor pattern with cotton velour inner, 2 in a Zoo pattern with cotton velour inner, 1 in a Alien print with cotton velour inner, and 1 in a Hot Lips print with crushed panne inner.
~ 1 Thirsties XS cover in Ocean
~ 2 NB sized Bummis Super Whisper Pant
~ 1 Medium sized, zippered, PUL wetbag (I got an AWESOME deal on some expensive decorator fabric to use for the outer)
~ 18 Flannel and Terry cloth wipes
~ 1 Snappi Diaper Fastener
~ 1 pair of lanolized newborn wool "longies" using Malabrigo yarn with matching hat

(Sorry the basket was purchased. I have not found a love of basketweaving yet - lol)


Jessi now has enough diapers to last 2 days of cloth diapering!! We wish all the best to the soon-to-be new parents!!

Now, I just have to finish the REST of her gift! That will include 2 nursing covers and at least 1 one-sized fitted diaper. How else am I going to get this Georgia Tech fabric out of my house??? LOL

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...