Monday, July 25, 2011

Ikea

***Edit - this post was written in January 2010. I saw it in my posts line up as a draft and have no idea how it never posted. I hit post. And oops! It posted as a today post. LOL***


So today we traveled from Spartanburg to the big city of Atlanta. One of the things I wanted to do while we were here was to go to Ikea. I had heard a lot about it and was looking forward to going.

Maybe it's my Mid-sized city upbringing but I really did not enjoy myself. First of all, the store has it's own parking garage. We found out later that the Target a block down the way has it's own parking garage AND escalators. Escalators in a Target - now that's an interesting site.

so back to Ikea. We go in and we are funneled up escalators to the 2nd Floor. If you've never been to one, it's quite interesting. You get a piece of paper and a pencil. Then you walk down preset aisles viewing either sections of furniture or displays. You write down what you like and at the end of your shopping trip, you go through a warehouse and pick up the boxes of your furniture to take home to assemble.

We did see a couple of things we liked. We were not impressed with the Uber modern furnishings though. Everything was modern and we are more traditionalists. Some modern is creeping into our home, but not much.

The other thing we HATED was the frantic pace and energy the other people were exuding. I'm not kidding, I felt like we were shopping on Black Friday. I felt like we were on a shopping trip courtesy of M.A.R.T.A. The only thing that was missing was the people movers.

We've learned our lesson. If you like the stuff from Ikea, just pass on visiting the store and have it shipped.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...