Saturday, August 20, 2011

Seton Home Study Week 1

Today was our first week of school for the 2011-2012 school year and Seton Home School's Kindergarten week 1.

In addition to our given lesson plans, we used:

Sign of the Cross coloring page

From the St. John the Baptist Catholic Church's page, we used their Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and the Holy Trinity coloring pages

(and somewhere I found a St. Timothy Coloring page, but I can't find it now)

we read Tower of Babel from the Alice in Bibleland Storybook series

used letter T in the Cuisenaire Rods Alphabet Book

Here is Joshua working today with his Cuisenaire Rods. He loved them so much, he wanted to pull them out today and work with them.

a closeup of his Alligator from his "A" page. Since I hadn't planned any school work today, I just gave him the first available sheets.

Our Seton Preschool curriculum has not arrived yet (although I heard from Seton regarding the delay and most of our curriculum shipped on Friday). So for our first week, I had to create our own. Since the first letter in Phonics for Young Catholics K is the letter T, I made a unit study of T for John-Michael.

I pulled most of the unit from Erica over at Confessions Of a Homeschooler's
Preschool Letter T for Turtle

for Handwriting we used:
Letter Tt tracing
T dots page
Tt sorting
Turtle coloring page
and Turtle writing practice

For Math:
Turtle Size sorting
Turtle color sorting
Counting Practice
Turtle Pattern sheet

John-Michael also used our wooden Tangrams and did the Pre Kinders Turtle Tangram and lessons 1-5 in Mc-Graw Hill's Math Discoveries Pattern Blocks book.

Here is John-Michael working with his Tangrams, I think i found his new favorite thing! I put them out on a cookie sheet I bought for $1 at the Dollar Tree. I have 2 of those steel trays and they are GREAT for using as Tot trays!!

Here is our artwork for the week hanging up.

more artwork


We finished a week's worth of school by Thursday. On Friday, we met up with a couple of our homeschool groups at Wannamkare park for a "Not Back to School" party! The boys had LOTS of fun in the splash pad. Too bad mommy left our bag of swim stuff on the couch! Yikes!!


To finish everything up, we enjoyed s Spaghetti lunch.
Someone LURVES his Spaghetti!!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...