Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Thought for the Day

"Peace begins with a smile" - Mother Theresa


So this little thought was on a coworker's screen saver. It really brought a smile to my face. Have you ever tried to diffuse a situation by smiling? Smiling, I have found is a powerful tool. And you can't just fake it either. You have to have a real smile on your face and be genuine about it.

My husband and I started carpooling together back when gas prices were going through the roof. So he drops me off every morning and picks me up in the evening. This has immensly cut down on our gas expenses. I drive a Toyota Camry XLE with a V6 engine. In rush-hour traffic, it can really use a lot of gas. Anyways, sometimes I will leave early and call Joe and have him come pick me up. So generally instead of waiting around I start walking down Broad Street towards Lockwood Drive where he will be comming from. It's amazing the homes you will see (I LOVE the Charleston single house style - I want to live on the Penninsula but needs lots of $$$), and the people. I have found that if I smile as I walk, people smile back. And sometimes I will give a little greeting and get one in return. I love it when I see people change before my eyes and they light up and smile and some continue to smile. Why?

It's the power of the smile.


Smile and brighten someone's day!!


PEACE be to YOU!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...