Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Gotta LOVE this town!

So this morning I ended up with nothing for lunch, so I was able to walk down to Burbage’s to grab something. For those not “in the know”, Burbage’s is a wonderful little “Mom & Pop” grocery store here in downtown Charleston. It is on the corner of Broad and Savage. I love walking down there. They have fresh sandwiches from their deli, cookies and fresh fruit. Now, I would LOVE to walk over to Poogan’s Porch, I know it’s touristy but I love their Shrimp & Grits or I could walk to 82 Queen (where we had our wedding reception) and have a bowl of She Crab Soup. But I think either option might get me skinned alive before I get home. (sweetheart I PROMISE I won’t go there without you!) ;)

I also love walking down there (to Burbage’s) because this IS the heart of Charleston. Broad Street is the line in Charleston. If you live “South of Broad” you are living quite well.

Joe and I would love to live here in downtown, but unfortunately we do not have the means to pay for a million dollar mortgage. Make that 2.4 Million to be exact for the homes that are right around here.

I love walking around this city. I love looking at my beautiful parish, the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, the homes and definitely the architecture. Charleston is so much more than Meeting, East Bay and Market streets. Since tourism has picked up dramatically over the past several weeks, Joe and I have discovered new routes in and out of downtown. This is to avoid all the tourists and carriages that are everywhere.

It’s a little chilly today, so I am not enjoying my lunch in the gardens. I am actually eating while I type. There is quite a bit of cloud cover and hopefully that will go away.

Blessings from the heart of Charleston!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...