Tuesday, April 18, 2006

New Scipture to Ponder

So I am constantly looking for new Scipture to ponder. Today has brought me to a new verses to reiterate my new "liefstyle" and also help reaffirm my faith and beliefs.

The first is Deuteronomy 22:5 "A woman shall not wear an article proper to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman's dress; for anyone who does such things is an abomination to the LORD, your God."

Wow, I have never seen this before! I have known (recently) of Our Lady's message at Fatima that "Certain Fashions will be introduced that will offend Our Lord very much." My dear friend "C" and I were talking the other day about what brought her to wearing skirts and dresses was the fact she was in a store and she could not tell the gender of the people in front of her. I myself am quite shocked at young ladies who I see walking around. Do young women have such low self esteem that they feel they must show off every part of their body? I wish some priests would turn women away from communion which dress inappropriately.

It has been nearly a week since I wore pants (and months since I have worn them to work). I have only been wearing them at home and mostly when I've been working in the yard or on the dining room. But this weekend I bought a long jean skirt by Covington which is SO comfortable. I have noticed how feminine I feel in skirts and dresses. Not scanky, skimpy things, but nice, modest dresses and skirts. Men are more apt to smile and open doors for me. I actually feel respected more than if I am wearing pants.

Let us remember all the immodest in our prayers, that they will become like Mary.

Blessings!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply]

I have found that wearing skirts is freeing and does allow men to more readily respect me. Amazing what the way we dress tells people. I have not worn pants in public in over a year now and that was only once or twice. For the most part, I have been skirts only for two and a half years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...