Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Southern Cuisine

So this little Southern girl LOVES to cook. Albeit when I have time. Usually by the time I get home it's whatever I can make quickly. So for the CWC Benefit tonight, I said I would bring Potato Salad or my Cabernet Sauvignon Chocolate Cake. So when I got home last night, with no wine I decided to make Potato salad. Now, I do not eat Potato Salad because most people put nasty things in it like raw onions (yuck!). But a couple of months ago, Joe had to bring some for work, so I whipped up a batch from scratch using a recipe I created on my own. It was good and even I ate it (no onions). So last night I started making it and wouldn't you know that I got wrapped up in a show and over boiled the potatos. So when Life gives you Lemons, you make Lemonade. Well, I had boiled potatos- you guessed it - Mashed Potatos. So I poured in the Mayo, Milk, and Butter and whippped them right up. I even added a little French's Fried Onions and some crumbled bacon. MMMMmmmm.... Even Joe couldn't stay away from them.

So I am definetly looking forward to tonight!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...